Sunday, May 18, 2014

Turntable Love

I recently got a turntable from my dad and have started frequenting a couple record stores by my apartment. There is just something different about flipping through albums and they just seem to jump in my arms to be taken home. Unfortunately I did not have a good spot to put my new love and sitting on top of a speaker is just wrong.

Old Turntable Home
I salvaged a pice of wood from my parents house that would fit my turntable perfectly.  Then proceeded to stain it with a walnut finish so that it would look similar to my Better Home and Gardens TV stand.  I went to the local hardware store and picked up a couple white L brackets to attach it to the wall in a minimal way.

Ta-Da!! looking good turn table! 
I need to find a basket or bowl or something to put on top of the speaker so it doesn't look so naked.  I also had had my eye on a white ceramic ram head that I had seen at Retrofit Home.  I did not have a place in mind yet and I felt silly buying something that I didn't have a home for.  Once I put the shelf up I had a great vision for the ram head.
I finally found a home for my peacock painting from India as well
I used a clear acrylic frame for the my peacock silk painting but I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I might need a gold frame around it to make the print stand out a little more.
looking good!
Now if I could just make up my mind on what color I want my speaker covers to be I could get that done and my entertainment center will be looking great!

and a selfie for good measure because I got a new necklace


No comments:

Post a Comment