Sunday, April 20, 2014

DIY Terrariums

I've been trying to figure out a way to have plants in my house with The Mayor.   
So far the score is 
Mayor Buttons: 4 
House plants: 0

I picked up some globe terrariums (from Safeway of all places).  They caught my eye since they were hanging from the ceiling and my brain immediately went to "my cat can't reach that!"

I woke up Saturday and headed to a local nursery called City People's down in Madison Park. After walking around with different ferns and smaller plants in my hand I stumbled upon the air plant display.  They just seemed really easy, cool, and I decided that was the way I wanted to go. 

They even had instructions so I don't kill them.

I also picked up raindeer moss to add some brighter green to the mix

I picked them out in different sizes so everything didn't end up looking uniform.

I unhooked them all and did them one by one.

They turned out so so so so good!

Ha, he can't reach them!


M

No comments:

Post a Comment